If you see this van Bat-rockin’…
If you see this van Bat-rockin’…
One of the things we like about the Internet is that no matter what it is you are interested in, no matter how obscure, no matter how seemingly random, there is someone else out there who is to and you can find them. And you can share what you are interested in with whoever wants to find it. This collection of comic book cartography is case and point. We didn’t know we liked looking at examples of cartography in comic books and now we do.
Shared from www.juxtapoz.com
Writer Matt Fraction and artist Chip Zdarsky, the Eisner award-winning team behind Time Magazine’s Graphic Novel of the Year, Image Comics’ SEX CRIMINALS are visiting CCAD on October 23 to talk about the business side of their very successful art.
Matt Fraction is the Eisner-Award winning writer of Marvel Comics’ HAWKEYE, IRON MAN, THOR, FANTASTIC FOUR, X-MEN and Image Comics’ SATELLITE SAM and CASANOVA. As a founding partner of MK12, he wrote and directed commercials for high profile clients, directed title sequences for films and directed music videos for Kanye West.
Chip Zdarsky is a Toronto-based Eisner-Award winning comic book artist, illustrator and designer. Along with collaborating on Sex Criminals with Fraction, writing fan mail to Applebees and running for mayor of Toronto, he also currently pens and illustrates a weekly advice column for the National Post called Extremely Bad Advice.
For those who could not be there…
Check Out Powers At New York Comic Con
vyvyan! where did you get that howitzer?
1) the diaphragm story happened to kelly sue, only it was even more unbelievable. Three different diaphragms shot out and bounced around the room before the perfection of her cervix was revealed and the intern-train was pulled.
2) robert rainbow’s parents. this was real. this happened to a friend only a)they weren’t pegging and b)the dad was pointing to the ceiling and shouting “let me show you where I’m gonna take you” as he rammed again and again into his lady-fair. the robe-and-dog-collar thing came straight from her story though. i think in the script i described the Rainbows as looking like Mac and Quon Le from NIGHT COURT
3) there was a place at a mall here in portlandia that had chicken so good i still dream about it. now they are closed and i have a chicken-finger shaped hole in my heart. brian bendis brought me two bags of ‘em the night tallulah was born. he burst into the room, a sack of chicken in each hand, sweating and out of breath, said “Mazel tov, mazel tov,” handed me the chicken bags, and then ran out of the room again. it was a really special day.
4) we always knew the missing cat man would come back but weren’t sure when or how exactly.
5) no, me and chip weren’t in the script. that was chip being chip.
6) the shrok story is real. it happened to chip. we came up with “shrok” at dinner after heroes con on sunday this past june. i drew him in my notebook.
7) we are working on a line of “running is bullshit” running attire with rstevens. keep your eyes on www.brimper.com
8) “robert rainbow” is the name of a Brimper’s real-life brother. She told me about him at the Carol Corps meetup at ECCC this year. Out of respect for her (and his i guess) privacy i won’t ID her here but — somewhere, out there, in the world, there really is a Robert Rainbow. he’s not a pussy doctor though. at least i don’t think he is.
9) Dr. Rainbow: Pussy Doctor is coming this fall to CBS
this was the only thing i found out about during my time at NYCC that genuinely excited me
We have reached peak Maxwell in 1980.
From IN SEARCH OF, season 5.