Ahoy! Here we come, Seattle!
MILKFED CRIMINAL MASTERMINDS IN THE EMERALD CITY
Washington State Convention Center — you know, where they shot the end of THE PARALLAX VIEW
Emerald City Comicon 2014 is completely sold out. There will be no tickets or badges for sale on-site at the convention.
Come find us: Fraction’s at C-11; Kelly Sue’s at C-12; Chip’s at C-10; Quinones y Wicks are at C-13. I don’t know anything else but you’re smart, you can read, so here.
2014 Show Hours
March 28 - 10:00AM to 7:00PM
March 29 - 10:00AM to 7:00PM
March 30 - 10:00AM to 5:00PM
STUFF WE’LL HAVE:
• SEX CRIMINALS 1-5 sets. These will be made up of various printings, depending on what I have on hand. $20
• SEX CRIMINALS: SEXCLUSIVE CONVENTION HARDCOVER. Oh yeah, that’s right. Con-only, in-person only. Not available in stores, by mail, or anywhere else Chip and I are not appearing. ECCC gets first crack at ‘em. These collect 1-5 with ALL NEW EXTRAS produced only for the collection. $40.
• CHIP HAS SOME GORGEOUS PRINTS. WE’LL SELL YOU THE PRINT AND THE HARDCOVER FOR A DISCOUNT.
• SATELLITE SAM. The first five issues in a set; $20. some of 6 and 7, so you can get caught up. The first trade, THE LONESOME DEATH OF SATELLITE SAM.
• The FANTASTIC FOUR/FF suite. All five collections. Allred’s just a few tables away, Bagley, too, so you could get an awful lot of signatures on those.
• CASANOVA: THE END OF MY STOCK. this is it. this is literally the last of these books in the wild outside of stores. The rest have all gone out of print of have been pulped. I’ll have a few sets of the ICON issues for EACH VOLUME; i’ll have the three color trades. I might bring some of the super-rare BIG ONE-COLOR HARDCOVER of LUXURIA. If i have any full Image sets, I’ll bring ‘em too but I… I might only have a GULA set anymore, I dunno.
• HAWKEYE hardcover, collecting 1-11 and some new extras. Oversized.
• IRON FIST omnibus trade, collecting ed, david, lots of other folks, and my, run on THE IMMORTAL IRON FIST in one volume. 18 issues, i think? Something like that. It’s a lot!
KELLY SUE will have lots of PRETTY DEADLY, CAPTAIN MARVEL, and AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
This list will evolve as we get closer to leaving Thursday morning; if there’s anything you’re looking for in particular, add a note and if we have it, we’ll bring it.
I’ll be at my table almost always* unless I’m here:
Secret Origins presents Matt Fraction
Room: SECRET ORIGINS (604)
Time: 12:20PM - 1:10PM
Comic wunderkind Matt Fraction (Sex Criminals, Hawkeye, Invincible Iron Man) is spotlighted.
Image Comics Presents Comedy in Comics
Room: TCC 301
Time: 3:00PM - 3:50PM
Sometimes the best comics are the funny ones, but getting jokes across in print while simultaneously telling an engaging story can be tough. Luckily, we have Rob Guillory, Roc Upchurch, Chip Zdarsky, Jim Zub, Kurtis Wiebe, Brandon Graham, Matt Fraction who can tell you their secrets, tips, and a few really good jokes.
"really good jokes"
I’ll be bailing on this a bit early so i can FINALLY fulfill my obligation to…
The Nerdist Writers Panel
Room: HALL A (611-614)
Time: 3:30PM - 4:20PM
Join host Ben Blacker (co-creator, The Thrilling Adventure Hour) as he talks about the process & business of writing comics. Joining Ben will be Greg Rucka, Cullen Bunn, Matt Fraction and Kelly Sue DeConnick.
Sex Criminals presented by Image Comics
Time: 2:00PM - 2:50PM
Sex Criminals debuted in 2013 and quickly became the book of the year. Now, a few months into 2014, the same looks to be true! Sit down with creators Matt Fraction and Chip Zdarsky and bare your soul, fetishes, and anecdotes with the Sex Criminals.
Signing with CHORMP ZDARRBBLKII at the Image booth! (TICKETED)
Why Eisner Matters
Room: HALL D (602-603)
Time: 4:40PM - 5:30PM
With Jeff Smith (Bone), Peter David (Incredible Hulk), Jimmy Palmiotti (Painkiller Jane), Matt Fraction (Iron Man), and Michael Oeming (Powers). In celebration of Will Eisner Week - an annual series of worldwide events that celebrate Will Eisner, a major, pioneering force in the development of the comic book and of the modern graphic novel - a lineup of top comics creators explains why - nearly 75 years since the launch Eisner’s The Spirit and more than 35 years since the publication of his A Contract With God - Eisner, as creator, entrepreneur, teacher and visionary, is more important to the present and future of sequential art than ever before.
Signing with SHUP ZZKKGG3 at the Image booth! (TICKETED)
* sometimes i have to pee. or eat. or want to take my kid over to get his ADVENTURE TIME comics signed by infamous Canadian cult criminal Ryan North, or by one of his legit art heroes, Mr. Jeff Smith. Please don’t be like that guy who threatened to murder me because i dared have to get up from my table at a time inconvenient to him. I promise i’ll do my best to be there as much as i possibly can. IN FACT don’t threaten to murder anyone. Ever. About anything. As far as hyperbole goes, it’s a shitty one. And, and, and maybe just we, as a, what, a culture, a fandom, drawn to hyperbole for effect, or out of laziness, or for comedic emphasis could, y’know, just work on that leaving that one in the toolbox, just in general. okay.